Fw: global site coverage of the crisis

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Sep 22 18:57:31 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Please delete extraneous crap like this before hitting the forward
> button. And please think twice before hitting the forward button in
> the first place.
>
> Doug
>
> Michael Pugliese wrote:

In the past the farrago of fwds posted by Michael Pugliese has only been annoying, and it was an annoyance that individual subscribers could easily enough protect themselves against. In the political context created by 911 such dissolute use of web and internet material has become actively dangerous, as Chip Berlet has usefully warned us. I do not think anyone should forward material to the list which they are not willing to take personal responsibility for -- which would involve at least a paragraph or two of introductory material written by the forwarder.

In general it might be useful not to post information that purports to be an "expose" of some sort. What the government is doing and saying in the open is sufficiently terrible that we do not need speculation concerning supposedly "secret" material.

Carrol