A Positive Program

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 23 10:07:39 PDT 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

> [...]

And how much the softline left mirrors the excommunicating Bush by invoking the word "hardline."

I really wish we'd keep the name calling and line drawing to a minimum. I'd hoped that the virtue of a forum like this in a time like this is for people who agree on fundamental principles could talk fruitfully with each other and thereby act more fruitfully in the real world. I haven't given up that hope yet, but it's getting harder to hold on to.

Doug