Hey, watch out for the 10 million mines

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Sep 23 12:12:55 PDT 2001

Chris Brooke wrote:

>>W. Kiernan quoted the News of the World:
>>
>>> MI6 SPIES FIND EVIL BIN LADEN
>>
>>Right. And they'd be sure to announce this in the biggest
>>circulation paper in Britain (isn't that what it it is?).
>
>Yup. It's the Sunday version of "The Sun", but it sells even more
>copies (between four and five million every week, usually over twice
>the circulation of its nearest rivals, the "Mail on Sunday" and "The
>Sunday Mirror".

News of the World sent a reporter & photographer to cover my interview with Tracy Quan, because they liked the idea that a character in her novel appears on my show (because Tracy had earlier appeared on my show). Don't know if anything ever appeared. But the reporter told me they have a higher A&B (upscale social brackets) circulation than does the Times (in numbers, not mix).

Doug