Hey, watch out for the 10 million mines

Chris Brooke chris.brooke at magdalen.oxford.ac.uk
Sun Sep 23 12:46:47 PDT 2001

>News of the World sent a reporter & photographer to cover my
>interview with Tracy Quan, because they liked the idea that a
>character in her novel appears on my show (because Tracy had earlier
>appeared on my show). Don't know if anything ever appeared. But the
>reporter told me they have a higher A&B (upscale social brackets)
>circulation than does the Times (in numbers, not mix).

Almost certainly true.

When the ever-so-worthy Independent used to run adverts saying it had the "highest proportion of ABC1s among its readers than any other paper" or somesuch the editor of The Sun commented (IIRC) that he had "more ABC1s than they have readers", and the same is true of the News of the Screws.

Chris --

========== Chris Brooke Magdalen College Oxford OX1 4AU

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~magd1368/