Hitchens responds to critics

Seth Ackerman sackerman at FAIR.org
Tue Sep 25 10:18:03 PDT 2001

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Considering there is a rather massive residential complex called "Pentagon
> City", Hitchens statement is hardly hyperbole That area has become a
> massive edge city of residential, hotel, and entertainment complexes
> catering to the military-industrial complex types (and just to those who
> found it a convenient place to live given good Metro access to downtown
> DC).
.

On the other hand, the attack killed over a hundred Pentagon employees without touching any nearby neighborhoods. Which is more than one can say about certain "pinpoint strikes" on "military targets" carried out by some of the building's occupants in recent years. And I say that as someone whose parents live only a mile or two from the Pentagon.

But then again, war is not the answer, right?

Seth