fantasy

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Wed Sep 26 17:42:02 PDT 2001

Carl Remick wrote:

> >> From: / dave / <arouet at winternet.com>
> >>
> >> So is it remotely possible that this whole incident could see a
> >> diminishing of Israel's stature in the eyes of the U.S. government ...
> >
> >Sure. I would say about the same possibility that Saddam Hussein would
> > have of dating Bush's daughters.
> >
> >Carl
>
> [I wonder which of the Bush sisters, Jenna or Barbara, Saddam will go out
> with first? Speculation does seems to be growing that US-Israeli relations
> are in for a shakeup in the wake of the Sept. 11 attack. The following is
> from Anne Applebaum's column in Slate.]

Ah, I know you were in accord with my prediction the whole time. You just wanted to favor the list with the compelling image of one of the Bush progeny making the ultimate transgression: straight into the belly of the Beast, as it were.

Perhaps it would be Jenna, appearing on our TV screens in an anteroom with Saddam enroute to dinner. She delivers a sardonic, ear-to-ear smile for the CNN camera, defiantly raising her middle finger up to the lens and coyly stating, "Daddy, I stopped taking the pill!" - trumping the entirety of the Patty Hearst saga in a single fleeting moment caught onscreen for all the world to see.

Back in Washington, Dubya stares in horror at the screen and faints into the arms of a suddenly thoughtful and calculating Dick Cheney. Seizing the moment, Condoleeza Rice grabs the presidential "briefcase" (the one with the codes) and with it control of the entire U.S. military establishment, and exclaims to a room full of startled white guys, "Alright motherfuckers, y'all have a lot to answer for! - and Powell. . . Powell! Are you with us, or against us? You'd better make your decision quick-like."

BTW, Bush just said "misunderestimated" four times in a soundbite on the news.

--

/ dave /