Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics From

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Thu Sep 27 01:53:43 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian Murray" <seamus2001 at home.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 9:33 PM Subject: Re: Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics From

Umm, no. I may be a theist and assume the existence of God for the sake of argument to disprove the divine command theory of morality. I would be making this assumption not because I believe in God (although in this hypothetical that happens to be the case) but because I wanted to make a point.

-- Luke