Blatant propaganda, even for the WSJ

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 27 01:34:35 PDT 2001

In an opinion piece titled Cleveland Rocks the WSJ eds say that if the Supreme Court rules in favor of the Cleveland school voucher program it will give educational opportunity its biggest legal kick since Brown V. Board of Education! What scuzz-balls! A voucher for $2250 indeed. Then the eds really start crawling on their bellies when they write of the great chance there is that the Supremes will do their bit to really screw the poor kids and say:

"The other reason to be hopeful is that more and more Americans are abandoning the teacher union anti-voucher orthodoxy. That orthodoxy insists that the most urgent education problem of our day is protecting students from some encounter with a crucifix or a Star of David on a school wall. This at a time when National Assessment of Educational Progress reports that nearly tow-thirds of the country's Hispanic and African-American fourth graders are illiterate. Even Al Gore admitted during the 2000 campaign that if he were a low-income parent with a kid in some wretched public school, he'd probably think vouchers were a good idea too."

This really makes me think Jerry Falwell simply jumped in before his que with the fag/feminazi/civil liberties kooks stuff, and that I'm seeing a multi-front propaganda campaign, brilliantly orchestrated, from the talk of an intelligence community bound by the chains of the Church Commission which started almost immediately following the bombing, right down to the "oopsy, silly us, using those Infinite and Crusade words" bullshit. And wouldn't you think the Air Force mighta at least been in the vicinity by the time the second plane hit? And I don't mean to sound callous but it seems strange that with groups of people surely trying to flee, they have not found 300 bodies yet. What is going on? Maybe I cannot image the scope of the debris sufficiently. But I have seen intact photos and papers in the rubble. The rush to the trough certainly looks orchestrated but it's probably just inbred. Now the railroads want sibsidies because they HAVE business. The insurance companies are extorting large sums from small state airlines to insure their planes. The financial district is getting subsidized power. And the best way to stimulate the economy is a corporate tax cut and another cut in the capital gains tax. And those geezers who can't afford their own drugs can just kiss Dr. Strange Dick's mighty staff. Personally. I suspect Georgie boy has been doing some serious celebrating. (sniff, sniff) Until they ran into the rest of the world today. And maybe that's the way, uh-huh, uh-huh, they like it. Can't tell yet. I've long thought we were headed for war with a real country or countries but not for another decade or so. I hope this isn't it. But perhaps the Prez of the EU presented that fine picture of the civilized world for those silly young people at this particular moment because he's very afraid. Remember when the Belgian Minister of something or other, told the demonstators in Genoa that the EU was the only thing capable of stopping the US's total world domination? I don't think he was talking about Regis and Wal-Mart.