Giuliani Coup?

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 27 01:58:46 PDT 2001

http://nytimes.com/2001/09/27/nyregion/27RUDY.html

"It usually takes six months for a mayor to get his arms around a city," said Mr. Modell in an interview. "So if we could keep him on that would be better. The people should be able to decide who they want, and we are trying to get the feeling out there and see if we can get this thing overturned."

The Mayor's obvious study of that television program in which "Coach" plays a police commish or something and he's really Mr. Wonderful, has really paid off. Yesterday the dining room was abuzz with his praise during the rush. One of the early dining soccer moms went on and on to me about how wonderful he was when I stopped to look up at his eminence on CNN.

God, he'll probably end up Prez at some point! Anybody who could come up with the miraculous idea of car-pooling certainly deserves it.

What do the list Giuliani enthusiasts think about this move?

"