Organizations In Defense of Freedom

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Sep 27 05:21:36 PDT 2001

Hey, no fair with the selective quoting.

Here is what the top of my message cited by Max said:

"It is one thing to recognize the reality of the current tactical alliance to defend civil liberties and oppose aggressive militarism that finds left, right, and libertarian forces working in concert following the catastrophic terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. This happens in real-world politics."

"It is quite another to blend opportunistic cynicism and appalling gullibility and build coalitions with hard right forces, or spread their conspiracist propaganda by uncritically cross-posting hard right material on the web to left lists." -Chip

You criticize populism for being less than revolutionary and using themes that some on the hard-right find congenial. Exactly what a literal coalition (that has no populist analog, far as I know) in defense of civil liberties is.

You're only a little pregnant.

mbs