Organizations In Defense of Freedom

Chip Berlet cberlet at igc.org
Wed Sep 26 17:32:13 PDT 2001

Hey, no fair with the selective quoting.

Here is what the top of my message cited by Max said:

"It is one thing to recognize the reality of the current tactical alliance to defend civil liberties and oppose aggressive militarism that finds left, right, and libertarian forces working in concert following the catastrophic terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. This happens in real-world politics."

"It is quite another to blend opportunistic cynicism and appalling gullibility and build coalitions with hard right forces, or spread their conspiracist propaganda by uncritically cross-posting hard right material on the web to left lists."

-Chip

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2001 8:09 PM Subject: RE: Organizations In Defense of Freedom