Is the Taliban America's Frankenstein?

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Sep 27 17:49:59 PDT 2001

>That's why I don't advocate backing the Northern Alliance. I
>support a true puppet of the US now as I would've supported a true
>puppet of the Soviet Union in the eighties. Perhaps the problem in
>Afghanistan has been not enough imperialism...
>
>-- Luke

If such (= "the problem in Afghanistan has been not enough imperialism") is your view, you might as well advocate incorporating Afghanistan as the 51st member state of the United States. If "a true puppet" of the U.S. is better than the Northern Alliance, surely statehood is better than "a true puppet."

Yoshie