Capitalizing on tragedy

Chris Kromm ckromm at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 27 18:11:26 PDT 2001

I received this heartwarming note from Travelocity in my email box today:

Dear Chris,

If you're like many Americans, your thoughts have been with friends and family more than ever in the past few weeks. Wouldn't it be nice to spend Thanksgiving with the people you love? Many airlines have slashed rates to encourage travelers to do just that. Great deals are available on car rentals, too. Vacation packages, hotel rates, even cruises are now being offered at unusually low rates. We invite you to visit Travelocity to start planning your Thanksgiving getaway!