Sociology and Explanations (Re: Hitchens responds to critics

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Sep 29 12:03:19 PDT 2001

At 02:13 PM 9/29/01 -0400, Chip Berlet wrote:
>Hi,
>
>YES! And in fact, terrorist usually think their propaganda of the deed
>will pull
>a large but relatively more moderate social or political movement into more
>militant action.
>
>As in "a little spark will start a prairie fire..."
>
>-cb

and if these folks want the US out of the ME or whatever and we are heeding their calls, then what? it worked, right? well, that is, it might work.

it has certainly gotten us, here, to become more involved in organizing for political goals that may well be shared with the terrorists, ne? as well as very interested in using 9-11 to futher left goals--which may well be in line with the terrorists.

so what kind of message are we sending, then?

kelley