Chomsky Doesn't Chatter

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 11:46:23 PDT 2001

We are seeing in this discussion the exact reason for which Chomsky is conservative when it comes to discussing "intentions". Many on the left in this country always want to jump to the most extreme conclusions, no matter how flimsy their facts.

While I enjoy many of your comments on this list and have learned quite a bit here, this recent line of posting was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am tired of much of the empty chatter and wild speculation. For that reason, I have decided to unsubscribe to this list and focus my attentions on a list that is more thoughtful and careful in its examinations.

Good luck,

Thomas

===== <<The concept of Empire is presented as a global concert

under the direction of a single conductor, a unitary power

that maintains the social peace and produces its ethical

truths. And in order to achieve these ends,the single

power is given the necessary force to conduct, when

necessary, "just wars" at the borders against

the barbarians and internally against the rebellious>> Hardt & Negri "Empire"