Successful Anti-war demonstration

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Sun Sep 30 13:15:06 PDT 2001

> In the FT piece I posted yesterday, a woman who was a clerk at an air
> force base during the Gulf War said that lots of flyers were appalled
> by what they'd done and some even turned in their wings. Has anyone
> else heard anything like that?
>
> Doug

In one of the last (if not the last) Gulf War panels I participated in, I went up against an Army officer (Captain, I believe) who was a veteran of the infamous Turkey Shoot in the desert. While he disagreed with just about everything I'd said, he confessed that the Shoot was a disgrace to the US and that it sickened him. Apparently, he watched but did not join in. Still, the disgust on his face seemed genuine.

DP