Successful Anti-war demonstration

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Sep 30 18:03:22 PDT 2001

> > In the FT piece I posted yesterday, a woman who was a clerk at an air
>> force base during the Gulf War said that lots of flyers were appalled
>> by what they'd done and some even turned in their wings. Has anyone
>> else heard anything like that?
>>
>> Doug
>
>In one of the last (if not the last) Gulf War panels I participated in, I
>went up against an Army officer (Captain, I believe) who was a veteran of
>the infamous Turkey Shoot in the desert. While he disagreed with just about
>everything I'd said, he confessed that the Shoot was a disgrace to the US
>and that it sickened him. Apparently, he watched but did not join in. Still,
>the disgust on his face seemed genuine.
>
>DP

Is there any _group_ of the Gulf War veterans (as opposed to individual Gulf War veterans) that has come out against the impending war publicly? If anyone knows such a group, let me know. If no such group exists today, I wonder if leftists -- especially leftists who are also veterans -- have a chance of creating one.

Yoshie