Rorty on Cant

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 10:46:49 PST 2002

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us>
> Charles: This Cant reminds of Kant and Can't.
>
> Oh , I Kan't know the thing-in-itself. I just Kan't
> decide. I just Kan't know for sure. I'm always Open
> and questioning, skeptical, The Critical Philosophy.
> So, I Kan't DO much, because I'm always questioning
> everything.

Charles, do have pity for those of us still chained down here in the cave. We do not possess the certainty of Thou. Quite frankly the soviet adumbrations look like shit from our low situation, but we are sure that we must be wrong, because Thou sayeth so.

It also helps, we guess, if one reads observations on Kant from marxist cliff (sp?) notes.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx