The Oscars

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 11:21:27 PST 2002

Michael,

So your point is that, despite any merits that the movie might have, the Academy nominated it just because it could be seen as anti-drug propaganda...or an "after school special" as you say.

Definitely agree with you there. Guess I had misinterpreted your previous post.

Thomas

--- Micheal Ellis <onyxmirr at earthlink.net> wrote:
> At 9:53 AM -0800 4/1/02, Thomas Seay wrote:

> i agree...i was just pointing out how it can be
> read.
> it can be interpreted a solely "anti drug" or
> whatever.
> i don't think the academy (from what i can discern
> from past patterns) derives any kind of subtleties
> such as your interpretation.

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx