placing the palestinian struggle

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 1 11:57:45 PST 2002

At 10:12 AM -0400 5/2/02, Nathan Newman wrote:
>I am all for mass mobilization against the Israeli oppression of the
>Palestinians, but when leftists don't condemn it on its own terms, but
>instead try to make it more horrific or in a unique class of history (see
>comparisons to Khmer Rouge or Nazism), it loses credibility. And when
>claims are made that there is a Jewish conspiracy running American foreign
>policy against the interest of the deluded goys, we are back in the
>Protocols of the Elders of Zion land.

still it has a similiar effect of the "U.S. foriegn policy is tantamount to taxation without representation argument". ofcourse isreal/nazism comparison can be exagerated in the sense that you describe it's a matter of doing things knee jerk or not....there are similarities and pointing those out goes a long way to defeating zionist propaganda if it is used in regards to patterns that aren't unique at all. i would completely agree with you if there weren't so many similarities.....of course the gas chambers weren't the only bad thing the nazis did. in many senses focusing solely on the holocaust is a tactic of zionist apologism so it works both ways on that.

over all i am decidedly anti knee jerk statements or reactions....(even my own) and after dougs post now consider the wole zionism/nazism thing kind of a moot point.

~M.E.