placing the Palestinian struggle

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon Apr 1 14:32:35 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: <ckromm at mindspring.com>
>The Palestinian struggle is perhaps the BEST example against your "Dems and
Repubs are
>different" line. Please, the weight of evidence and history are against you
on this one.

Since I posted a whole string of info about party differences on Palestine, dating from early support for the Palestinians from folks like David Bonior onward, I refer you to the archives. But my point here was not that Dems and Repugs don't both suport Israel generally, but that their reasons for doing so vary, which relates to the fact that the US support for Israel is based on multiple reasons with differences mixes at particular times.

-- nathan Newman