Israeli war crimes in Ramallah

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon Apr 1 15:24:05 PST 2002

Israeli war crimes in Ramallah From: "Max B. Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net> Subject: RE:

I'm afraid you've understated the case in one sense, and overstated in another.

To me the White House line in response to present events, to wit, "Arafat has to do more" etc. is a total, explicit green light, not any sort of reprobation. I don't think the US is fooling anybody. Where it ends I couldn't say.

Comparisons to Nazis and KR are ridiculous. We're in ethnic cleansing mode here, not killing fields. The worst I would expect of Israel is mass transfer, again in emulation of Milosevich or Taliban/OBL. Can't we classify mass murder a little bit more carefully?

^^^^^^^^^

CB: We really do need to have more careful classifications of mass murder. The main mass murder being put in an exaggerated /over-the-top category these days is the one from Sept. 11, with extremely dangerous consequences in that it is feeding war fever in the most militarily powerful nation in the history of the world. Our main efforts at giving perspective and context to mass murderers should be on that one. The main danger of a Nazi or KR type war/genocide is from the US of A.

The U.S. was comparable to the KR in it conduct in Southeast Asia. The KR were a consequence of the U.S. genocidal war there.

Your assignment, if you choose to take it Mr. Phelps, is to call off the American dogs of war. This tape will self-destruct in 5 seconds.