Empire does Isreal's Bidding?

Naji Dahi n.dahi12 at gte.net
Tue Apr 2 08:26:26 PST 2002

Those who do not believe that the Empire does NOT set its Middle East policy need to explain the recen pronouncment by the Bush camp.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49786-2002Apr2.html

Samples:

"The Bush administration is linking Iran, Iraq and Syria to the terror attacks on Israel, accusing the three nations of "inspiring and financing a culture of political murder and suicide bombing.""

..."There will never be peace so long as there is terror, and all of us must fight terror," Bush said. "I'd like to see Chairman Arafat denounce the terrorist activities that are taking place, the constant attacks."

Didn't Arafat do this after every suicide bombing!!! This is unbelievable!!!

...And at the Pentagon, Rumsfeld offered a searing indictment of Iran, Iraq and Syria as supporters of a terrorist "war on civilization."

Here comes the "war on civilization." What pharse will be used next??

..."There will never be peace so long as there is terror, and all of us must fight terror," Bush said. "I'd like to see Chairman Arafat denounce the terrorist activities that are taking place, the constant attacks."

So let us see, Arafat is holed out in a room in a compound in Ramallah and yet magically he needs to do more. the man does not even have control over his own movement, yet somehow he needs to control suicide bombers.

"In a softer vein, Bush urged Sharon to "keep a pathway to peace open" while protecting his nation and said he believed the prime minister remained committed to plans the United States is pushing for a lasting cease-fire and steps toward peace."

Translation: I need the sypport of AIPAC/Cons Christians to get elected and i cannot afford to alienate them. So I will treat Israel with velvet gloves.

..."Murderers are not martyrs," Rumsfeld said. "Targeting civilians is immoral, whatever the excuse."

Now this one is a masterpiece...So when the US and Israel target civilians that is immoral also. when the US intentionally bombed Iraqi infrastructure and support sanctions that lead to the genocide (not my word but that of former UN exec Dennis Haliday) in Iraq is that immoral too.

Naji