McReynolds on A20 controversies

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:42:34 PDT 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> >We know that answer. Because they are sectarian vanguardist parasites.
>
> My recent local experience has brought home to me that WW/IAC/ANSWER
> isn't the only group with whom some anarchists have problems working
> together. Several local organizations (the Student International
> Forum, Social Welfare Action Alliance, Columbus United Students
> Against Sweatshops, Graduate Students' and Employees' Organization at
> OSU, Jobs with Justice [Columbus], etc.) in which I'm involved are
> jointly inviting Dan La Botz to give a talk in Columbus (about which
> I posted here a while ago). I flyered and posted an announcement to
> local progressive e-lists. Seeing the announcement, a locally well
> known anarchist piped up and argued that "Dan La Botz should not be
> allowed to speak to any group of progressive people," because in his
> opinion "Dan and his rotten Clique have ACTIVELY sided with the
> racist police state to jail militants, supress dissent and control
> the movement" [!!!] and are "authoritarian, anti-woman, anti-youth
> and racist" [!!!]. I guess my co-organizers and I are supposed to be
> grateful that the anarchist man in question merely slandered our
> guest and advocated a boycott of his talk, rather than threatening to
> come and disrupt the event.
>
> The above is just one example among many like them.

Hey, I'm entitled to call the WW/IAC/ANSWER folks "sectarian vanguardist parasites." I'm angry at them and all the people who either stick up for them, or suggest I should shut up to preserve some illusion of unity on the American left. I've spent enough time outlining specific criticisms of the IAC/WW/ANSWER. I've explained specific examples of what they have done at protests. Some of the folks on this list have even stated today that, in fact, the WW/IAC/ANSWER vanguard will not join other coalitions because they have their own sectarian agenda.

As for this anarchist in Ohio: I don't know him and see this anecdte as a poor attempt to dismiss my valid criticisms.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)