Food Is, Still, Clearly Not a Human Right - answers to you all

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 2 20:36:17 PST 2002

> Food Is, Still, Clearly Not a Human Right - answers to you all
>"Justin Schwartz" <jkschw at hotmail.com>
>

>Not what I mean by a right. A right to X (I tire of repeating) means that
>you may not take X away from mer without my say so.
>
>^^^^^^^^
>
>CB: What is a freedom ?

A negative freedom to X is a lack of constraint or compulsion to X. A positive freedom to X is the possession of the resources and effective ability to X. A "real" freedom (in the Rousseau-Hegel-Marx sense) to X is the identification with X as a goal, the giving of X as a law to oneself.

Since you asked. . . .

jks