placing the palestinian struggle

Micheal Ellis onyxmirr at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 08:07:35 PST 2002

that is a strange hypothetical because if the jews hated isreal zionist would lose every justification or excuse for doing anything. Israel would have no strategic value. SA ofcourse has the huge oil and all. it would be like if SA had no oil.

At 10:12 AM -0400 5/2/02, Nathan Newman wrote:
>Now, where leftist blindness verging on anti-semitism comes in is the fact
>that they treat the expulsions of Palestinians by Israel as uniquely evil
>policy in the region, while downplaying the mass murders by Syria (Hama
>1982, probably far worse than Israel's murders in Lebanon the same years) or
>many other similarly wretched policies by Arab regimes.

you are missing the point i think...at least U.S. leftist aren't responsible for the crimes of Syria etc. they are responsible for the U.S. support for Israel. that is something U.S. leftist can do something about. after Israel stops it's terrorism then maybe leftist can start to criticize Syria etc. it's not downplaying it at all it just doesn't do any good to serve the interest of Isreali terrorism which is what U.S citizens are responsible for....without U.S support Isreal wouldn't be able to maintain it's policies etc. I'm just repeating what chomsky said but i agree with his point.

that is if i didn't misread what you are suggesting, the widely disseminated "neo stalinist" charge. it's inaccurate for the above reasons.

~M.E.