Fw: [PEN-L] Middle East Conspiracy Theories

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 3 08:56:29 PST 2002

Hakki, this is just at attack on Comrade Karl Carlile. You always provide abundant sources for your posts. Karl C. justs likes to spin these out of multiple chains of what if's based on nada evidence from the press or books. Michael Pugliese ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yup, Karl, the essence and appearence of the ME realities are so totally upended and discordent. (Hope you take your vitamin supplements. I take lotsa to keep my Irony Supply Fully Loaded.)

So, Sharon really wants to save Arafat so Yassir can implement a neo-colonial diktat for his Zionist masters (after the entire apparatus undernath Arafat in the PA which would be in charge of repressing the Palestinian masses after the IDF slaughters and/or imprisons as many militants as it can grab) has been wiped out. Even those PA officials that keep signed photos of George Tenet of the CIA on their walls. Meanwhile, Hamas and Islamic Jihad and Hizbollah over the border in Lebanon are the most likely winners of the insane policy of Sharon and the U.S.I don't believe in conspiracy theories (though heh, if I did, on the Middle East, you should the extensive book by Rightist, Daniel Pipes on Conspiracy Theories in the Middle East!) but, if I did, I'd say that Sharon and Hamas and Islamic Jihad are in this deadly symbiosis that will lead to more and more escalation benefitting neither the long term interests of the Palestinians or the Isrealis. Michael Pugliese

turning him
>into a heroic figure holding out in his bunker in the eyes of
the
>Palestinian masses. Sharon may be actually intending to save
Arafat
>political and even physical life. By surrounding he may also
protecting him
>from an Islamic assassin squad.
>At the same time the aggressive military exercise being undertaken
by Sharon
>is intended to flush out, destroy and capture the more militant
intifada
>activists including its leaders. In so far as Israel successfully
achieves
>this aim of crushing or at least seriously defeating the militant
intifida
>network it has also successful disposed of Arafat's competitors
even rivals
>for power.
>In the aftermath the Palestinian masses will be more demoralised
while
>Arafat will emerge as the redeemed leader whose status in the
eyes of the
>Palestinians will have recovered significantly.
>Under these conditions Arafat will be in a much stronger position
>copper-fasten a sell out to the Israeli state with less fear
of its being
>upended and his being assassinated. Under these conditions too
Sharon or his