Web bugs

ravi gadfly at exitleft.org
Wed Apr 3 10:56:21 PST 2002

kelley at pulpculture.org wrote:

> the standard employed here is an expectation that people are somehow
> sprung from the head of zeus. it's a rather unfair response to someone
> who is now concerned about privacy issues.

true, though i dont know what the head of zeus stuff is about ;-). so, i hope the tips that marco or someone else gave, about anonymizers, is useful. additionally mozilla/netscape provide better tunable use of cookies (rather than just turning off cookies altogether and then not being able to do any online transactions etc).

there is probably a web page out there that help with all this stuff... this seems like a good place to start:

http://www.epic.org/

see for some tools:

http://www.epic.org/privacy/tools.html

if folks want help using netscape/mozilla, please ask me. actually, if any non-geek (or geek!) has any computer/internet question, please do send me email: i'll be glad to help if i can. i do draw the line at helping with LISP though. ;-)

--ravi