Honeywell's 1st software solutions lab in Beijing

Ulhas Joglekar uvj at vsnl.com
Thu Apr 4 17:16:08 PST 2002

The Economic Times

Monday, April 01, 2002

Honeywell's 1st software solutions lab in Beijing

ECONOMICTIMES.COM

BEIJING: Honeywell on Wednesday said it has established a Honeywell Software Solutions Lab in Beijing, China.

The lab will serve as Honeywell's premier software center in China, providing software engineering services and software-based products and solutions.

'SSL-Beijing' is a first for Honeywell in China and only the third of its kind outside of North America. The facility will drive Honeywell's research and development and product engineering activities in China in support of its initiative to bring cutting-edge technologies closer to the company's customers in the region.

Larry Kittelberger, Honeywell's Senior Vice President of Administration and Chief Information Officer, said, "Our new lab in Beijing underscores Honeywell's long-term growth plans to globalise our R&D facilities and engineering activities as well as strengthen our presence in China..."

"We will work closely with local technology organisations and educational institutions to undertake research and engineering developments that produce new solutions and technologies to meet the needs of various industries in China."

The facility will co-locate with Honeywell's businesses in the company's Beijing head office and will house between 25 to 30 engineers by the end of the first year.

Honeywell is a $24-billion diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; automotive products; specialty chemicals; fibers; plastics; and electronic and advanced materials.

Copyright © 2002 Times Internet Limited. All rights reserved.