[Fwd: Confused by A20 split]

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Thu Apr 4 22:36:40 PST 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

> [...]

In typical fashion, the WWP and IAC, who really run ANSWER, are up to their usual tricks. First they set up a national protest on A27, hoping that the World Bank meetings would happen that weekend. Then when the anti-war, anti-imperialist, and anti-globalization protests started gravitating around the preceding week, the parasites at WWP/IAC/ANSWER moved their protest to the same weekend. Publicly, they've made the standard noises about unity, while privately they undermine the work that other groups and coalitions have done. Then when the other groups don't issue statements that support ANSWER's lies about their being unity around the protest, ANSWER starts whining about this lack of unity.

Why should anybody want to unify with a bunch of opportunistic parasites who take credit for the work of others and who organize competing demonstrations? If ANSWER is so interested in promoting unity, why don't they drop their protest and support one of the other actions?

We know that this will never happen, which is why most activists in Washington can't stand the WWP/IAC parasites and their bullshit activities.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)