McReynolds on A20 controversies

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 10:12:20 PST 2002

> And I admire him for it. I'm no fan of
> WWP/IAC/ANSWER either, but I
> think it's important to have as many bodies in DC on
> A20 as possible,
> and if the WWP conglomerate can turn out some
> bodies, good for them.

I will take your word on this McReynold's guy. He does appear to be tactful. Guess what though. I didn't like Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People", so to hell with tact in this case. Frankly, I believe if there were a time warp that suddenly mixed up the present time with the 1930s, the WWP/IAC would support Adolf Hitler if he were in anti-American mode. No doubt they would say that the USA is the "Main Threat" and that Hitler was "OBJECTIVELY" anti-imperialist. The WWP's denial of Hussein's gassing of the Kurds is similar to right-wing Holocaust deniers.

I am not for barring WWP from the demonstration, but I also dont think any compromises should be made towards them. Integrity is much more important than getting "bodies" to the demonstration. Unity AT ALL COST always plays into the hands of groups like WWP; it usually means that everyone else has to adopt their slogans. As far as "getting bodies", in the long run, groups like WWP burn out and disillusion people. If I were a member of the US ruling class, I would actively promote groups like WWP. They are much more efficient at turning people off to the Left than any anti-Left propaganda that could be mustered.

I am with Chuck on this one. I wish that the WWP would get on their bus, go to the airport and fly off to fester in North Korea. I would be willing to buy all of WWP's papers if they would just go away. Those papers must be good for something...like wiping my ass.

Thomas

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx