McReynolds on A20 controversies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 5 10:32:27 PST 2002

Thomas Seay wrote:

>I am not for barring WWP from the demonstration, but I
>also dont think any compromises should be made towards
>them. Integrity is much more important than getting
>"bodies" to the demonstration. Unity AT ALL COST
>always plays into the hands of groups like WWP

Who said anything about unity at all cost, much less AT ALL COST? Why do so many people make such interpretive leaps so often? Maybe they find it easier to argue with fictitious extreme positions than with actual ones.

There seems to be an anti-sectarianism that's almost sectarian in its quest for purity.

Doug