McReynolds on A20 controversies

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 11:19:14 PST 2002

> Who said anything about unity at all cost, much less
> AT ALL COST? Why
> do so many people make such interpretive leaps so
> often? Maybe they
> find it easier to argue with fictitious extreme
> positions than with
> actual ones.

I did not intend that you were suggesting "unity at all cost". However, you did emphasize the importance of getting "bodies" there.

The "Unity at all cost" is an argument that groups like WWP use. Basically it is a cover for them to continue their opportunism . I am not saying you believe in "unity at all cost", however in the quest to get as many "bodies" (just get as many warm bodies there as possible) at the demo as possible, one could get sucked into this ploy.

> There seems to be an anti-sectarianism that's almost
> sectarian in its
> quest for purity.

Oh, I am not being anti-sectarian in this instance, but intentionally sectarian. Just as I wouldn't want the Nazis at the demonstration (just because they might be anti-Israeli in this situation), I really dont care to have a group that supports butchers as the WWP does.

Thomas

> Doug

===== "The tradition of all the dead generations

weighs like a nightmare on the brain of the living"

-Karl Marx