McReynolds on A20 controversies

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri Apr 5 11:16:19 PST 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>

>The NLG should simply ask around and find out why groups are signing up to
>support ANSWER. They should also look at the information coming from A20
>organizers in Washington--this information contains no mention of ANSWER's
>events because nobody wants to work with them.

While some folks are a bit clueless about ANSWER, others unfortunately are not; in fact, one of our National Exec members from DC is very supportive of ANSWER/IAC. His public interest firm, the Partnership for Civil Justice, is on the ANSWER steering committee. Curious if Chuck or anyone else has had dealings with the Partnership

>Ahh, nice to find another thing that Nathan and I can agree on.

This is a good point-- Chuck and I violently disagree on tactics for many demos, which is exactly the kind of disagreements that people in good faith can have honest political differences on. The problem with the IAC/WWP is that their core political goals are repugnant, even as they try to mold their tactics to suck others into their sphere. I far prefer people I have honest disagreements with than those who act dishonestly in pursuit of disgusting politics.

-- Nathan Newman