No rights under communism

dlawbailey dlawbailey at netzero.net
Fri Apr 5 13:28:09 PST 2002

C. Brown writes:

"The evidence is that pre-law/pre-state societies had much less crisis with solving disputes than state/law societies. Conflict and failure to resolve it has been on an upward historical curve correlated with the rise of states and their laws."

Nonsense. Why did native Americans have a warrior class? Why did they produce tomahawks, war clubs and arrowheads for war? Why do Yanomami men sport big scars from clubbing each other on the head? Why do they speak of raiding parties, battles over territory, and accusations of withcraft against rival clans?

There are thousands upon thousands of peaceful resolutions to disputes every day in American courts and lawyers' offices and vanishingly few war clubs used. Whereas it is overwhelmingly people without adequate access to law and the courts who resolve their differences with guns.

"With the abolition of exploitative class society, we have good reason to believe that conflicts as we know them will be virtually eliminated, extremely rare. "

Nonsense. We have every reason to believe that conflicts are unavoidable, inevitable, even desirable so long as they can be resolved peacefully. Grow up.