McReynolds on A20 controversies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 5 13:35:58 PST 2002

Carrol Cox wrote:

>You wouldn't really want a group carrying the Swastika in your parade
>would you.

No, certainly not. I'm not a complete coalitional slut.

> And there is really no need to argue against the likes of
>Munson -- they can always be easily isolated if a coalition is growing,
>and if they attempt to sabotage it (e.g., by equating red with fascism)
>they will simply be laughed at.

Hey, I like Chuck. I don't always agree with him, but I think he & I are more or less on the same side. So when I argue with him it's because I like him, not because I think he's an irredeemable hack or an amusing punching bag or any of the other things that can also make people fun to argue with.

Doug