Oodles and oodles of rights

ChrisD(RJ) chrisd at russiajournal.com
Sat Apr 6 02:38:56 PST 2002

This is I guess a matter of personal response. I still find Lucretius pretty satisfactory: when you're dead you won't know it so what's the fuss. The phrase "understanding of death" gives "Death" a capital letter - -- which seems silly.

Carrol ---------- It's a presence of an absence. :)

My death is somehing perfectly real, though it (barring some kind of subsequent existence) means my non-existence. This was part of Heidegger's point in Sein und Zeit; that death, like the Nothing (by which he really means being in general), is neither an object nor an absolute nullity either.

Das Nichts nichtet!

Chris Doss The Russia Journal