Yes, anti-Semitic, but unintended, and harmless

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Sat Apr 6 18:39:00 PST 2002

Sorry Chip, I know see your point it is an unfortunate subject head. I think however it is a simple result of adding to an existing heading "Yes, anti-semitic" rather then thoughtfully composing a new subject line, at least that is how I read it and hence it made no particular impression on me.

I agree that taken as it appears, it is incorrect, in fact, to be condemned, it is just that it would seem a result of trying to break with an existing thread and make another, more then making a distinct statement as such. In this context I would call it an unfortunate expression rather than a meaingful statement. Perhaps James could make a simple statement of his intention and either clear the matter up or indeed start a debate if his intention was otherwise.

Greg

--- Message Received --- From: "Chip Berlet" <cberlet at igc.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 11:35:33 -0500 Subject: RE: Yes, anti-Semitic, but unintended, and harmless

Hi,

Read the subject heading, and then consider that I was refering to the stereotyping of Jews as Christ-killers by the minister. Sorry for it not being clear.

I am disagreeing with the basic premise that something can be antisemitic but harmless.

-Chip

Greg Schofield Perth Australia g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au ________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________ Modular And Integrated Design - programing power for all