Nasty Philosophers

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Mon Apr 8 13:57:44 PDT 2002

regarding the Engels situation, read Marx's follow-up letter where he tells of the horrendous situation with his infant son that explains his initial response. Also, the maid was not really a maid, from what I understand. She became a courageous political ally -- but not an equal nonetheless.

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 04:21:40PM +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:

> Well, he was testy and arrogant, schtupped the maid, but seems to have
> treated Jenny well, was a bit of prig, hurt Engels' feelings by not offering
> proper commiseration when Engels' unmarried S.O. died

--Engels, like Mill,

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu