why the US won't do this

reed tryte dttdhmtp at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 8 20:42:46 PDT 2002

>Peter K. wrote:

>> The US is "bending" to international pressure as I
type, demanding
>> that the IDF pull out "immediately"
>> Seems sort of "Rambouilletish".

>It does?

>In the Rambouillet I remember, the US presented a
plan on Feb. 23 to permanently remove Kosovo from Serbian jurisdiction, enforced by NATO occupation. By March 23, they were already bombing.

>Seth

That's the Rambouillet I remember, too. The (rough) equivalent to the Israel/Palestine situation would be a demand for the immediate establishment of an independent Palestinian state, plus a de facto occupation of Israel by NATO. There would also be some economic demands giving the IMF, et al great sway over the Israeli economy.

Then when Israel refused, Colin Powell would say (a la Madeline Albright), "The Israelis need some bombing, and that's what they're going to get." And the cluster bombs would begin to fall.