McReynolds on A20 controversies

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Apr 9 08:35:48 PDT 2002

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Munson" <chuck at tao.ca>

>Look, if we are interested in being effective, we have to be critical (and
>possibly marginalize) groups that disrupt our activism and/or domesticate
>it for the ruling class.

On this Chuck and I agree (although we disagree on whether certain black bloc-style tactics should be criticized and marginalized for disrupting others activism :) But the basic point is that the form of activism matters in conveying a message through the limited means of a rally-- working really hard to get thousands there, then not caring what the message conveyed through the media ends up being is just sort of sad and ireesponsible.

-- Nathan Newman