McReynolds on A20 controversies

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:33:54 PDT 2002

Nathan Newman wrote:

> Who cares if there are two rallies if both are irrelevant? That's my point.

It's kind of an annoying problem that D.C. activists have to put up with.

> As for ANSWER folding into the larger coalition, of course they won't-- the
> IAC/WWP never does that. There whole purpose is to dominate whatever group
> they create-- if ANSWER announced that they were joining A20 and thereby
> promoting unity, everyone would be happy with that, but they will never do
> that.

Exactly my point.

> They want their own press releases and their own marshalls fundraising and
> their own speakers on the podium with lots of allies and front groups making
> pretend that it's a "coalition" effort.

They put on a big show of having a coalition, but it's all just a bunch of WWP cronies behind the curtain.

I'm Toto and I'm from Kansas. ;-)

> Won't happen so why even discuss it?

It's important to discuss this stuff for several reasons. One is that groups like the IAC/WWP don't want there to be any public criticism of their activities. Another one is that there are always new activists who could benefit from this knowledge.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)