McReynolds on A20 controversies

Chuck Munson chuck at tao.ca
Tue Apr 9 15:37:04 PDT 2002

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> You are changing the subject, Nathan. I'm not talking about what's
> the best use of manpower -- a demo in DC or a door-to-door campaign
> or something else -- if you have 20,000 activists. It's already
> decided that there will be actions (rallies, teach-ins, civil
> disobedience, lobbying, etc.) in DC, April 19-22. The question is
> whether it makes sense to have two separate rallies, when the two
> coalitions have practically the same demands. One of the coalitions
> had better give in and fold its rally into the other, in my opinion.
> Since <http://www.a20stopthewar.org/> is not likely to change its
> agenda, it has to be <http://www.internationalanswer.org/> to make
> the necessary change.

Well, duh. The A20 Coalition was the original group that proposed anti-war demos for A20. ANSWER planned something for the 27th. My point is that they should join the A20 coalition, if they are serious about "unity."

They won't do this because they want to call the shot for any movement that comes along.

<< Chuck0 >>

Personal homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/index.html Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Anarchy: AJODA -> http://www.anarchymag.org/ MutualAid.org -> http://www.mutualaid.org/ Factsheet 5 -> http://www.factsheet5.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

Web publishing and services for your nonprofit: Bread and Roses Web Publishing http://www.breadandrosesweb.org/

"...ironically, perhaps, the best organised dissenters in the world today are anarchists, who are busily undermining capitalism while the rest of the left is still trying to form committees."

-- Jeremy Hardy, The Guardian (UK)