Moore's representation of the working class

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Apr 9 16:26:02 PDT 2002

Dennis Breslin:
> Against bullshit attacks? Seems to me lbo-chat was carping on
> secondary shit about Moore. I only caught a bit of Fitch's post
> but he seemed to be complaining that Moore misrepresented the
> working class - they're really fit and trim - reminded me of some
> Monty Python routine about the firm buttocks of British sailors.

I was more irritated by the attribution of baseball hats universally to the working class. Whether Moore is using his to misrepresent the working class, or unaccountably likes them with wholesome peasant sincerity, I have no idea. In any case, I am glad to have thrilled you with a Monty Python- grade routine, although next time I do one I'll try to better anticipate your taste in subject matter.

-- Gordon