Ivy Legacies

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Apr 10 07:09:19 PDT 2002

Marco Anglesio wrote:

>That said, is it any harder to get a degree at one university than any
>other?

My experience of Yale, 1971-75, was that once you were in they made it very hard for you to fail. Anyone who screwed up (and I had a roommate who did, repeatedly) was counseled, given second, third, fourth chances, etc. We always thought that once having admitted you, they didn't want to make it look like they'd made a mistake. My roommate, though, triumphed over all these obstacles and eventually did flunk out.

Hey, W got through.

Doug