another journalist rolls over for W

paul childs npchilds at connect.ab.ca
Wed Apr 10 02:16:25 PDT 2002

>From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>
>Providence Journal - April 10, 2002
>
>The president is religious and resolute, Woodward attests
>
>BY TOM MOONEY
>Journal Staff Writer

'Woody' rolled/bent over for anyone in power years ago, Shrub Jr. is just the latest to feel the warm, drooling, embrace of his devoted syncophancy.

The last book I read by Woodward was his, er, tome, on William Casey. 300 odd pages of breathless recounting of ludicrous adventures in the intelligence netherworld and right wing politics, followed by 2-3 pages of reflection that, maybe, just maybe, illegal wars, assassinations and generally treating the law, Congress and the Constitution like so many rolls of bum wad may not be such great idea. Christ only knows what kind of ass kissing went on in his book on the C Thomas Supreme Court, 'The Brethren'. My stomach flips just thinking about the title.

He's made for power crazed WASP dimwits like Bush. Don't count on a repeat performance of '73-'74 from 'Woody'. I think even Bernstein is alienated from him and the media star act.

NPC

http://netwinsite.com/dbabble/