Chomsky on Vietnam

Charles Jannuzi jannuzi at edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 10 22:47:14 PDT 2002

>But you would have to be a real >fool to think that South
>Korea, Singapore, Thailand, >Malaysia, the Philippines, et >cetera today
are "client states" >of the U.S. in the same sense.
>Brad DeLong

Who but you said in the same sense? Still better a fool in Brad Dingdong's eyes than not I suppose.

Korea is a 'client state' of sorts in terms of foreign policy, military and intelligence. The Koreans are smart, though, they went to Japan for much of their industrial capacity, though more and more of it is ending up in US hands. Don't worry, they'll get those 'profits' and shareholder value up to American standards!

Charles Jannuzi