Heidegger (and Woodstock)

Charles Brown CharlesB at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Apr 11 12:02:18 PDT 2002

Heidegger (and Woodstock) Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 10:23:16 -0800 (PST) From: Thomas Seay <entheogens at yahoo.com>

> >So, what does Heidegger give us that we didn't
> already have ? ( You don't
> >have to mention his politics)

To add to what has already been said, I think (in my unexpert opinion and having only studied "Being and Time" in group) that the way in which Heidegger touched popular culture the most (and I am not talking about his naziism...I am talking about how he touched popular culture in an enduring way) is through the notion of "authenticity"...that each person should make a project of his/her life free as possible from the tyranny of the "they", Das Man.

^^^^^^^^

CB: This seems a type of individualism. How is this original with Heidegger ?