Enron suicide note disclosed

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Fri Apr 12 01:35:44 PDT 2002

On Thu Apr 11, Carrol Cox wrote:

> An overwhelming number of suicides, whatever their immediate occasion,
> have clinical depression as their general context.

No argument there. I have an honest question though. I was under the impression that while the pain may be indescrible, the fact that a clinically depressed person is depressed is inescapable to both themselves and anyone who sees them on a daily basis. So that if you asked people afterwards, Was he depressed at lot in the weeks before? they'd all say yes. Is this wrong? Can you be a sort of closet clinical depressive, so that people who talk to you every day would never suspect?

Michael