Life in the USA

Marco Anglesio mpa at the-wire.com
Sun Apr 14 16:10:36 PDT 2002

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Carl Remick wrote:
> Ayer ad agency in Manhattan, fantasized about breaking all her limbs in a
> traffic accident - or at least a leg or two. "I thought to myself, 'Maybe if
> I jump in front of this cab, I can go the hospital and finally get some
> peace and quiet,'" she said. ...

You know, I tried that last year. It didn't really work. I got my first call from work 2 days later, while still heavily doped up on morphine.

To all who might be concerned about my stability, it wasn't intentional; if I'd actually thought it out, I would have certainly chosen a method which wouldn't result in everyone I know exclaiming in disbelief: "You broke your leg *skating*? I've never heard of someone breaking their leg *skating*!"

m.